Authors introduce your books

GoldenBoxBooks
Administrator
Authors tell us about your work and your books

Re: Authors introduce your books

ErikaMSzabo
Erika M Szabo, author of FANTASY FICTION novels and CHILDREN'S BOOKS
Publishing coach and illustrator at Golden Box Books Publishing
Growing up my Dad and I called us "closet readers" because Mom didn't value books that much and was very quick finding some chores to do when she caught us with a book in our hands. Tell something not to do to a creative person and they will find a way to do it. Mom was satisfied that I studied for hours every day never knowing that hidden inside the textbook I was turning the pages of Duma's Three Musketeers and my other treasured books.
I started writing health related articles to a newspaper about eight years ago after I got my Ph.D. in Alternative Medicine, and I published two books in Hungarian. I started writing The Ancestors' Secrets series about four years ago which is alternative history combined with a love story and magical realism elements. I used my fertile imagination to create a fantasy world by using Hun historical facts.
The idea to write children's stories came to me after I watched a family in the store. The grandmother had difficulty hearing and my heart ached to watch the expression of anger and pity on her daughter's face as she rolled her eyes when she had to repeat everything to her mother. The little girl, following her mother's example, mocked the old lady and laughed at her. I wrote and illustrated Look I Can Talk With My Fingers and made the character of the little girl to be loving, inventive, and compassionate. This book is available in Spanish as well.
My next bilingual children's book was Pico, the Pesky Parrot. The story teaches children to take time and get to know people before they quickly judge them because of their cultural background, language barrier or disability.
A Basketful of Kittens is a true story that happened to me and my best friend when I was a little girl. A cruel neighbor tried to drown her kittens in the river and with the help of my dog, we saved them.
The idea for Terry and the Number Fairy story originated from Mom's favorite saying when I had difficulties understanding numbers, "Sleep on it and you will know it in the morning." Sleep learning is a fact when our brain organizes things we learn while we sleep, but in the story, the Number Fairy helps Terry.
Who Stole Terry's Music Box also teaches children about using their imagination, compassion, friendship, and listening and understanding others.
MeToo, the Annoying Little Sister is about the complicated relationships in the family, the rivalry between siblings, yet helping each other and love each other.

My published FANTASY FICTION novels

My published CHILDREN'S BOOKS

Re: Authors introduce your books

Cathy Miller
I love your book covers! Who's your artist?

Re: Authors introduce your books

ErikaMSzabo
Thank you so much for noticing my book covers Cathy! I do all my book covers and illustrations with Golden Box Books Publishing

Re: Authors introduce your books

Joe Bonadonna
This post was updated on .
Hi! I'm the author of the Heroic Fantasy, Mad Shadows I: The Weird Tales of Dorgo the Dowser, published by iUniverse; the space opera Three Against The Stars, published by Airship 27 Productions; and the sword & sorcery adventure, Waters of Darkness, in collaboration with David C. Smith, published by Damnation Books/Caliburn Press. I just published my fourth novel, Mad Shadows II: Dorgo the Dowser and The Order of the Serpent, with a lot of help from Erika M Szabo, who did the cover, the interior, the set-up, and the banner below.

I also have stories appearing in such anthologies and shared-universes as: Azieran Presents Artifacts and Relics, published by Heathen Oracle; GRIOTS 2: Sisters of the Spear, published by MVmedia; Heroika: Dragon Eaters, Poets in Hell, Doctors in Hell, and the forthcoming Pirates in Hell — all published by Perseid Press; and Sinbad: The New Voyages, Volume 4, published by Airship 27 Productions. My fifth novel, The MechMen of Canis-9, is scheduled to be published by Airship 27. I will have stories appearing soon in the shared-world anthologies Sha’Daa, in collaboration with Shebat Legion; and The Lost Empire of Sol, in collaboration with David C. Smith. In addition to my fiction, I've written a number of articles and book reviews for Black Gate online magazine, including the stories Queen of Toads, and The Moonstones of Sor Lunarum (from Mad Shadows 1), both of which can be read for free on Black Gate’s website.

AS EDITOR:
"Hello, My Name is Max, and I Have Autism: An Insight into the Autistic Mind," written by and with drawings by Max Miller. Foreword and Afterword by his Mom, Rebecca Miller. Available from Amazon in paperback and Kindle editions.

"Being Max's Mom," by Rebecca Miller. This is Rebecca's very personal story of bringing her son, Max, into the world, of his being diagnosed with autism at the age of 4, and how she fought to do the best and find the best for her son. Available from Amazon in paperback and Kindle editions.

"Libertine: Awakenings," a wonderful psychosexual drama written by Cat Ravenelle.
Visit Cat's Amazon Author Page at:
amazon.com/Cat-Ravenelle/e/B00Q9CN26C

"The Kitchen Imps," and "Tales of Erana: The Warrior's Curse," BY A.L. Butcher.

"Vampire Therapy: The Chronicles of the Cat's Ass Boutique ~ Seasons and Reasons ~" by Shebat Legion, as well as her children's book, "The Fork Tree."

"Metoo, The Annoying Little Sister," by Erika M. Szabo.

Please vsit my Amazon Author’s Page at: http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Bonadonna/e/B009I1KYIK

Re: Authors introduce your books

Cathy Miller
I adore your illustrations and just ordered two of your books :-) I'vebeen looking for illustrator for my first children's book and sent you a message on your website. I hope you are available to do the illustrationsfor my book.

Re: Authors introduce your books

ErikaMSzabo
Great! I'm so happy that you like my illustrations, enjoy the books with your children  I'm going to check my messages right now and I will get back to you!

Re: Authors introduce your books

ErikaMSzabo
Thank you Joe! It was a pleasure to work with you on your book

Re: Authors introduce your books

Candace Carrabus
I'm a lifelong horsewoman and have written stories and ridden horses--frequently simultaneously--for as long as I can remember. Not surprisingly, my stories are often infused with the mystery and spirituality horses have brought to my life.

I write contemporary mystery, magical realism, and fantasy. My stories star ordinary women who find themselves standing at the edge of a precipice. How they respond to that is what makes them extraordinary. They all learn to believe in the unbelievable--to believe in themselves.

Learn more about me and my books at http://candacecarrabus.com