Books Are Not Free

GoldenBoxBooks
Administrator
This post was updated on .
We created a MAGAZINE for a FACEBOOK EVENT recently where authors show their books and explain to readers how much work goes into producing a book. We got a lot of responses from authors and readers after the magazine was published and we can't post every response in the magazine, therefore, we created this forum fro authors and readers to get together and voice their opinion.
Question to readers:
Should the authors give way their books for free?
Question to authors and publishers:
How much work and money goes into writing and creating a book?

Re: Books Are Not Free

Sarah Novak
Wow! Reading the comments from the authors in the magazine was a real eye opener! I'm so sorry that I never thought about what it takes to make an eBook. Thank you for publishing this magazine. Before I knew about this I usually followed authors on Facebook and read their books when they offered their new books for free on Kindle, but now I'm going back to the magazine and buy a few books that caught my eye.

Re: Books Are Not Free

GoldenBoxBooks
Administrator
Thank you so much for your support Sarah, it means a lot for the authors  who work hard to bring enjoyable stories to readers

Re: Books Are Not Free

joe_goindienow
This post was updated on .
Hi Erika -

I wish I hadn't missed the opportunity to be in this issue but c'est la vie. You did a really good job of putting this together.

For me it's not about how much $$$ you put in, that's never going to win over a reader or an audience. It's the time you put it to make sure your book is professional, it's message is clear, that it means something to someone, and that you are not becoming part of the diluted masses that don't treat this privilege to put your work out into the world as a valuable asset. It is something special to be a published author but even more so to bring a passion and a dream to realty and that should be held in the regard that its held in for those you chose a more traditional route.

That starts within, having the personal pride ad respect for the business aspect of what this all entails.
We want to put out something readers will love and cherish as we loved and cherished all that influenced us but we have respect ourselves enough to know that there is a value for that.

I will see you at the event and thanks for supporting Indie Authors.

Cheers,

Joe Compton
Host of GoIndieNow (goindienow.com)

Re: Books Are Not Free

ErikaMSzabo
Sorry you missed the post in the event and you made an excellent point, we write and publish books for readers to enjoy. Our goal with the magazine was to give some information about what it takes to publish a book. To make the book enjoyable as well as aesthetically pleasing, it takes the teamwork of the author, editor, interior designer, book cover artist, and it takes money as well. Hopefully, when readers who usually wait for free books see what it takes to publish a book, they will value books a little more.